Non Profit Dance School looking for endowment
It's not exactly breaking news that the world of funding for dance is relatively small and that getting grants for dance organisations or programs can be tough. Budgetary cuts of governments and corporations usually find artistic program funding on the chopping block.
At New Delhi tango School - NDTS, a not for profit school, we are looking for foundations whose primary focus of philanthropy is art/culture and dance programs.
At NDTS, we are following what we are passionate about as artists. We adopt both traditional and innovative methods to teach performing arts. We promote arts and cultural heritage. Dance performance and community engagement are our primary focus. We are involved in performance, art history, and conservation. One of the dances we promote is Argentine Tango.
UNESCO has approved to include Argentine Tango in the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage Lists. Medical research has also proven that Tango is therapeutic and meditative. It helps people in cases of depression, stress, anxiety, in parkinson's disease, arthritis, Alzheimer's disease, etc.
We are passionately trying to promote this art form in a country where the culture does not encourage intimate contact between genders. We do it because of its proven benefits and because we are passionate about it. We are representing underrepresented populations. We are constantly looking for endowments to bring in world class argentine tango teachers/maestros and also to organise world class tango festivals in India. We have
- Projects in which art is a catalyst for social change.
- Projects that feature artists in leadership roles.
- Dialogue-based projects that emphasize sustainable partnerships with communities.
- Projects in which artists engage the community members as equal partners.
- Projects in which co-creation with non-artists is part of the process.
Our endeavour is to improve, uplift and enrich the general quality of life in the community, and
- We value process over product: relationship building and problem solving are key goals.
- We require funding with minimal restriction.
- We are artists who work independently. We are not registered as a 501c3 nonprofit organisation.
Our website has contextualised examples of past work that a selection panel of prospective donor organisations can review. Through the support of generous donors, our school will be able to support operations and a variety of programs to promote Argentine Tango.